Our escrow assistant is responsible for pre-closing matters. S/He works all parties to acquire, analyze, and organize all necessary documents needed to process the closing.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Opens escrows within 24 hours and ensures customers receive copies the same day
- Assists in processing files with a high degree of quality, including funding/balancing, figuring, clearing prelims, and signing clients
- Orders all necessary documents to close files escrows in a timely manner (i.e., demands, loan documents, and insurance)
- Maintains electronic records, via Operating system, of communication with all partners involved in transactions
- Follows company standards and practices, assuring compliance with the TA Way, when processing transactions, as well as applicable state laws and guidelines
- Proactively informs escrow officers of any missing items or problems relevant to closing
- Deposits any funds required by buyers and sellers of each escrow within 24 hours of receipt
- Returns all calls, voicemails, and emails in a timely manner
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Adheres to company policies and guidelines
- High School Diploma required.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience as an escrow assistant or two (2) years of experience in loan processing is preferred.
- Notary preferred.
- Understands escrow standards, title clearance, real estate regulations and guidelines, and document preparation.
- Comprehends pay off per diems, tax prorations, interest, and the like.
- Understands lender documents and recordings.
- Is pleasant, courteous, and professional when dealing with internal and external customers or clients; treats others with honesty, fairness, and respect; displays a professional demeanor
- Displays a willingness to work hard and seek out new challenges
- Plans and prioritizes work to manage time effectively and accomplishes assigned tasks
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills to solve problems
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively with others
- Uses information technology, title software and related applications to convey and retrieve information