Title Alliance Ltd. specializes in the creation and management of RESPA compliant title joint ventures in the real estate industry. Founded in 1948, we have formed over 75 joint ventures in Arizona, Florida, Indiana, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas and Virginia since 1983. In addition to our “Title Alliance of” and “T.A. of” companies throughout our footprint, some of our success stories include companies such as First Land Transfer, CU Settlement in Pennsylvania; Greater Maryland Title in Maryland; and Greater Cleveland Title in Ohio.
Title Alliance is an ESOP company and offers a competitive salary and the opportunity to participate in our team bonus program.
Some of the benefits you will enjoy include: medical/dental/vision insurance; generous paid time off plan; company paid - life insurance, short term and long term disability; 401k; employee assistance program and more!
We currently have an opening for a Closing Manager with high energy, knowledge of the industry and excellent customer service skills for our West Chester, PA office
The Closing Manager manages assigned Settlement Office operations and staff and is responsible for pre-closing, coordinating with lenders, conducting the closing, issuing title policies, preparation and recording of documents and make appropriate disbursements associated with the settlement process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Review and clear title; identify underwriting concerns; prepare the Closing Disclosure, ALTA Settlement Statement and HUD-1 when applicable; order bring downs and tax certifications; obtain conveyancing; prepare daily deposits; process incoming and outgoing recordings and letters of indemnity
· Make bank deposits and disburse funds in accordance with the signed ALTA Settlement Statement
· Order all inspections, surveys, payoff statements, hazard insurance. Prepare settlement statement and closing packages. Close loans, fund loans and make bank deposits.
· Searches for business opportunities for their Joint Venture operation
· Communicates frequently with Regional Director regarding status of all operations
· Maintains knowledge and seeks out industry developments that affect the title insurance operations and communicates information to team
· Ensures that their operation is in compliance with regulatory issues (for PA – special charges for DOl, AfBA Disclosures for Joint Venture offices, etc.)
· Develops operating procedures on an ongoing basis for new processes for Managing Partner’s review and approval
· Measures monthly operating results for their operation for the final budget provided by the CFO, reporting all significant variances with corrective plans
· Meets with Joint Venture partners to review financial results and any operational issues
· Develops, mentors and trains Settlement Closing Officers and administrative support in all aspects of the title insurance business and on company policies and procedures with the help of the Training Department.
· Direct supervision of office personnel
-Must have high school diploma or equivalent
-Must have 4+ years of professional, related experience including leadership experience
-Title industry experience required
-Flexible and able to multi-task; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities
-Demonstrated capacity in developing staff (both seasoned and new), operating a profitable model (operations improvement, team development, etc.), and performance based management
-Title Officer License is required or ability to obtain within 90 days
-Must have active Notary License
-Strong presentation skills
-Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
-Dynamic people skills, with an ability to partner with a strong leadership team
-Strong problem solving skills and the demonstrated ability to think and act strategically
-Industry software experience, RamQuest preferred but not required
-Intermediate level MS Office experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is regularly required to reach with hands, and arms; stand, walk, sit; and occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds. Employee may be required to drive to other offices as needed. Occasional overnight travel may be required. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential factors.